Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Healthy Recipe #1 - Whole wheat penne w/ ground turkey

So the other day I made a super quick and easy low-fat pasta dish using ground turkey and whole wheat penne. It is also super CHEAP, as you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand.  I used onions and bell peppers, but tomatoes, mushrooms, or any other veggies would be good.

Brown 1 chopped onion & 1 bell pepper in 2 tbsp. olive oil
Cook 1 pd. ground turkey in same skillet/pot
I forgot - I also used 2 cloves of garlic (chopped) and added garlic powder , Italian seasoning and 3/4 jar of pasta sauce (I don't like a ton of sauce but you can use the whole jar)
Cook 1 box of whole wheat penne pasta according to pkg. directions and after draining, add to pot .
Season with aforementioned spices according to your tastes (I don't use measurements unless I'm following someone else's recipe) and add jar of pasta sauce.  (Note: You can also add some mozzarella or parmesan cheese to it and let it kind of melt in, but I wasn't looking for all the added calories so,...)
So healthy...so good. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment