Tuesday, April 2, 2013

30 Days of Blogging - DAY 1

DAY 1: Challenge: Write some basic things about yourself



Ok, what can I say about myself that I haven't already mentioned?  Being that I'm working off a list of things to blog about, I know that Day 1 and Day 2 are slightly similar.  So for Day 1, I'll try to only divulge that which won't overlap into Day 2. I won't tell you my age, but just know that I'm over 25.  I'm single and I have no kids.  On a slightly more personal note, I will say that that is a decision that I've partially come to regret.  I've always liked and wanted to have children, but I just never got around to finding anyone I wanted to have children with.  When I run into people from my past (ex schoolmates or coworkers, etc.), they always want to play the "let's catch up" game.  "What're you doing now? Are you married? How many kids do you have?" etc. etc. etc.  They always look at me like I have, not two, but three heads when they find out that I have no children.  Sometimes it's a look of pity, sometimes a look of envy, but most times it's a "what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-you???" look.  I don't like the "let's catch up" game because most times I feel as if I walk away the loser. smh.  AND THEN I REMEMBER....HEY, I AM SINGLE WITH NO KIDS.  I CAN DO WHAT I WANT, GO WHERE I WANT, AND MY MONEY IS ALL MINE!!!!  So how 'bout that????

Let's see, what else?  I don't like too much drama in a relationship and I used to be extremely guarded.  I also used to have trust issues but I have worked hard to overcome them.  I seriously believe that there can be no love without trust, so I would rather let go of someone I don't trust than stay in a relationship where I feel like I have to go thru their phone, watch their every move, etc. etc.  You won't call me a stalker....

And lastly - my real name is Esmeralda Chicki Tee.  Ok. No. It's not.  And I'm off to blog Day 2. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment