Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Turns out we DON'T need a resolution. Sorry Aaliyah.

Photo

They say "rules are made to be broken", right?  Thatis yet another reason why I don't make New Year's resolutions.  For most many people, the same "lose weight, save many, stop procrastinating" resolutions made last year, will be made again this year, only to be repeated the following year.  Sure, we set a multitude of resolutions, but how in the world do we get the mastery over them?  How do we attain them?

Let me be clear: this is not a "secret of my success" blog post.  Certainly, if I was successful at achieving all my "lose weight, save money, stop procrastinating" goals, if you will, I would not have chosen the above image for this post.  But rather than enumerate a laundry list of things needing to be worked on, I merely have one goal for 2013:

  • BECOME A BETTER ME.  A BETTER CHICKI TEE.
In the past, I have set goals and I have met goals, indeed.  But this year, rather than itemizing each and everything that I want to achieve and attain, I'm just going to focus on the end result.  Rather than break down each individual chapter, I'm going to focus on the book as a whole.  By focusing on becoming a better me, the best me, I will inevitably work on the individual 'chapters' that need attention.  This way, the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts.  Let's have a great year, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment