Monday, January 2, 2012

"Viva La Vida"



"I used to rule the world...seas would rise when I gave the word...now in the morning I sleep alone...sweep the streets that I used to own." - Coldplay ("Viva La Vida")

I know a guy who had a good job writing for the local newspaper.  Evidently he was not living his dream and decided to follow his true passion doing something else.  He quit his job, moved away, and is now working in his chosen field.  His Facebook status update is as follows:

"Wow!  It's been two years since I decided to change everything!  I took control of my unhappiness and started a new life!  It was scary, challenging, painful and confusing at first and now...the best thing I ever did.  I'm so much stronger than I ever knew and you probably are too but you'll never know until you get off your a55..."


This may be a big "duhhh" to some and not profound at all, but I found it to be very inspiring.  Exactly what I needed to hear on this 2nd day of 2012.  I went to the beach today for a workout on the sand, which by the way, is quite a workout.  Running/fitness walking on sand is no joke - my thighs were/are killing me!  Anyway, as I walked while listening to Coldplay's "The Scientist" and "Viva La Vida" on repeat on the ipod, I kept reflecting on his words.  The ability to take a scary, painful challenge and turn it into something beautiful   (and very necessary) is within my power.  "A change [ain't] gon' come" unless I make it happen.  Fortunately for me, I'm that chica who accepts all challenges.  I am sooo looking forward to 2012.  Let's get it!

2 comments:

  1. i find his words very inspiring also. i quit my job to go to grad school and now that i'm almost done, it's time to figure out what's next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey SimplyChic! Yeah, sometimes you have to make big decisions that may be hard, esp. if you have people in your ear telling you to do otherwise. That is AWESOME that you quit your job to go to grad school - got a feeling you will be JUST FINE when you're done!

      Delete