Sunday, January 29, 2012

TAG Time - Round 2 (*in Apollo Creed's voice: "Ding.Ding.")



Ok, it's tag time again. Also known as "SlamBook" revisited. Let's get to it, shall we?

1. If you had to choose a world without fashion or a world without music, which would you choose ?  
Without question - a world without fashion.  Fashion is subjective but music is everything. There is so much power in music - the power to transform a person's moods and emotions, transport them to far-flung countries, the power to heal, and is just very necessary to my personal existence.

2. Have you accomplished any of your life goals? 
Yes. Deliberately evasive.  And I'm working on accomplishing more. Three to be specific.

3. What's the meaning of LOVE to you?
1 Cor. 13 aside, LOVE is "the soul's recognition of it's counterpoint in another". Thank you WEDDING CRASHERS.  Love is being with a person that you are comfortable being yourself around. Being and seeing one at their best and their worst and still wanting more, having someone's back and knowing they have your's as well, handing your heart over to someone else and trusting that they will do right by it. Love is honest. Love is raw. Love is uninhibited. Love is looking out for the other person's interests before those of your own. Love is not shallow, it is very deep.  Love is reciprocol. Love is demonstrative.  Love is exposing yourself as vulnerable but liking the feeling nonetheless.  Love is hard work.  Anything worth having involves hard work. Love is up and down and all over the place, yet stable nonetheless. Basically, look up the lyrics to Prince's song "Adore" and there you will find a perfect definition of love.

4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be? 
Hmmm,...that's a tough one.  Maybe Portugal. Or Trinidad.

5. Who's the biggest inspiration in your life right now?
ME.  I have been stagnant for a minute, but I am now moving in a direction that I really like.  I am
taking control of "the controllables" and I am growing as a person and it feels really really good.  I am proud to say that I am inspiring myself.

6. What's your favorite thing about blogging? 
I used to be a somewhat closed and guarded person due to a few trust issues.  Blogging has allowed me to open up and expose my vulnerability and learn to trust more.  Even though I have a small blog, I can see the personal growth that has come from blogging.  I also like communicating with other bloggers/readers.
7. What's your favorite thing out of anything you own? 
Hmm,...that's a tough one.  If my house was burning and I could only save one thing (family aside), I don't really know what it would be.  One of my (seven hundred or so) JOURNALS maybe.
8. Do you believe in fate?
Absolutely not.
9. What's your favorite song? 
Prince's "ADORE".  Hands down - best.song.ever.  As in ever.  Pure unadulterated raw emotion in that song.  Those lyrics ("until the end of time, I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind, I truly adore you...."

10. Jeans or dresses ? 
Hands down, dresses.  While definitely not prissy, I am a girly girl and I have always loved dresses.  And heels.
11. What's your favorite food?  Steak.  Specifically RIBEYE.  Favorite type of food is Caribbean.  Or really any dish involving a rice and bean - I'm a rice and bean chick from waaay back. (though I usually discard the bean. I love the taste the beans give but hate the texture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment