Sunday, July 3, 2011

Where My Girls At????


Every person should know the difference between a friend and an acquaintance.  And I'm not talking about the Facebook definition either, where any and everyone can be considered a friend, as long as your physical appearance appeals to them.  I'm talking about a REAL friend, someone you are intimately acquainted with.  Someone who knows you well, your likes & dislikes,  your personality and how you'll act or react in certain situations, and will laugh with you, cry with you, rejoice with you, and even fight with you when necessary. Prov. 18:24 says, in part, "There exists a friend sticking closer than a brother."  I know that to be true.  Like most, I have many acquaintances.  But I have a small intimate group of close friends that I will always have by my side and that I will always want by my side. 2 of them were by my side yesterday when I really needed them.  I've had a lot on my mind lately and I'm a person who has the tendency to isolate myself when trying to work out problems.  So anyway, we were all together yesterday and I was trying to fake like all was well with me.  These chicas disregarded my "I'm just tired that's all!" excuses, pulled me aside and talked to me, laughed with me, cried with me, and got real with me until I felt better. (Side note: Both of these ladies are Registered Nurses and one is a Pysch (mental health) Nurse, though never once did I feel like I was being "analyzed")  And after rounding out the afternoon with lunch and shopping,  I felt so much better.  Though my problems were still there, it felt good to release my emotions and talk them out. FREE THERAPY - woo hoo!!!!  We all have problems, some BIG, some small.  But sometimes all that's needed for recovery is your girlfriends, some BUFFALO WILD WINGS, and a box of Kleenax! 


From the bottom of my heart - I love all my chicas but special shout-out to LISA J. and ANGIE W.  You ladies really helped a sister out yesterday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment