Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broken-Hearted Girl

I will never be the girl that is unaffected by hurtful words.  I will always be the girl to walk away from hurtful speech, but I will never be the girl unaffected by it.  I will never be the girl that believes a lie when I hear it.  I will always be the girl that wishes it to be true, but  I will always be the girl to recognize it for what it is.  I will never be the girl that does not hold a slight grudge when deeply wounded by a friend.  I will always be the girl that will try to fight for the friendship, but I will always be the girl to know when it's time to let go.  I will never be the girl that will admit to feelings of emptiness, but I will always be the girl who yearns for something more.  I will never be the girl who chooses to be molded by the hands of others, but I will always be the girl that will allow herself to be molded.  I will never be the girl that feels another has the right to check my hand, but I will always be the girl to show them what's in it.  I will never be the girl that will let you see me cry, but I will always be the girl who feels shame if I slip up and let you.  I will never be the girl that doesn't get her heart broken, but I will always be the girl feigning hard heartedness.

I will never be this girl.  Because i.am.that.chica.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post, you are a chica!
    LOVE your hair!!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. That's a nice post. And with the music in the background. You have a very nice vibe here. : )

    ReplyDelete